
The new buzz word among college students and various adults seems to be Twitter. What is it you may ask? Twitter is a status. You say what you are doing or thinking. People can choose to follow you, and if they do, they will be updated everytime you post a new status. I heard about it because I am a Public Relations and Advertising student and utilizing social media to market is on the rise. I understand where it helps PR practitioners or advertisers. Let's say a reporter follows one of your clients, whether it be Barack Obama or Apple. You write in your status that a press conference is to be held, or a new product is going to be launched. The reporter immediately gets that information, allowing them to use it in a story. It can also promote a product, place, idea or person, to a direct audience. I get how that is useful. What I don't understand is how it helps an everyday college student. I mean Facebook has a status along with various other media, like pictures and videos. It also allows you to actully have a conversation with someone. Regardless, I admit that I have a twitter account. Do I use it, not really, but there it is. Anyway, this brings me to my first poll: Do you have a Twitter? Answer yes, no, or what the hell is twitter on the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment